April 2018 MLMQG Minutes
- Treasurer: the guild voted Lindsey Kiesz for this position and to be a signer on the bank account
- Charity quilt raffle: Regan won the charity quilt from QuiltCon 2018!
- 2019 QuiltCon charity quilt:
○ We need 2 people to be on the chair to coordinate this project
○ Small piecing is the theme
○ There was an April 15 e-mail from the MQG with specifics
- Program: group design on Illustrator
○ Latifa Safir did this before with the “Bruce Daniel Quilt” as an example
○ 5 ways (easy steps) to design a quilt
■ 1. Ask
■ 2. Imagine
■ 3. Plan
■ 4. Create
■ 5. Improve
- April 28: curved piecing sew day
○ Bring power strips and sewing machine and supplies
○ 10 am – 4pm
- Handwork group on the first Tuesday of the month at Charisma’s house in Ephrata
March 2018 MLMQG Minutes
● Minutes approval
● Garden Sew day June 16 10-2, picnic
○ $10 entrance fee
○ Lunch and handwork project
○ Bring a chair
● Charity quilt guild raffle
○ About $75 ÷ # people participating
● Sew days at 10 am
○ @ Grant County Public Works 124 Enterprise St SE, Ephrata, WA 98823
○ April 28 (our guild only)
○ Sept 22 with INMOD guild
● Travel Bee
● Program: QuiltCon West 2018
○ Saw pictures of many quilts, especially charity quilts displayed in the entry way
○ Classes at the convention sell out fast
○ There are also lectures to attend and vendors where you can work on techniques
and see displays
● Handwork group led by Charisma
○ Wool Penny project
○ Can watch YouTube videos to learn hand stitches
○ First Tuesday of the month at 7pm starting April 3 at Charisma’s in Ephrata
MLMQG October 2017 Minutes
- Wheelchair charity quilts: At this meeting you did a great job of donating 8 wheelchair quilts for McKay’s in Soap Lake. Jenn and Angie will deliver them Friday.
- INMOD Quilt retreat: INMOD quilt guild will join us in the spring (specifics TBD) for an event. Perhaps we can meet in Ephrata in order to go to the Fabric Patch.
- Officers Next Year: It was decided that rather than Virginia remaining president, we will rotate the guild president each month. Virginia will remain the point of contact for business, but each rotating president will lead that month’s meeting. The secretary and treasurer will be exempt from taking a turn as president.
- NEXT MEETING IS NOV 9! Your $20 dues will be collected at this meeting since we will not meet again before the January registration deadline.
- Program: Charisma spoke to us about planning quilting. One area of focus was implementing key elements into the design. These include: 1.) Dimension 2.) Movement 3.) Secondary designs 4.) Textures 5.) Life 6.) A story
MLMQG August 2017
● Culcita.com is a new online business shipping boxes of modern fabric to enhance your
stash. You can get a discount on your first box using the coupon cards Virginia has. This
is a monthly subscription website for modern fabric bundle boxes such as Tula Pink.
● Travel bee update: the travel bee quilts are looking amazing and are now on the last
round of turns! Great job to those of you involved!
● Wheelchair quilts: Jenn wanted an idea of how many quilts each member will make, due finished at the October guild meeting! Also to consider for the wheelchair quilts:
○ You can use a panel for the top instead of piecing it
○ They need not be modern
○ Maybe 1” wide straps would work well for ease of tying them
○ Use quality fabrics and possibly flannel as the backing for warmth
● QuiltCon 2018 charity quilt update: it looks amazing and is already quilted. Kathy will
sew the binding on and we will have a hand sewing binding party to get this project done
in time to enter it into the Wenatchee quilt show (TBD).
● Is there anyone who wants to present for our November meeting? There are still some
presentation slots open
● For September meeting, have a 6”, 4”, 2” square cut from 9 different solid fabrics, or
fabrics that read as solid.
● Program highlights:
○ Instagram tutorial and walk through for those people who are new to it or have
never used it.
○ Modern Quilt Guild website (themodernquiltguild.com) where you may want to
especially check out the resources and webinars under the “Community” tab and
the “Fresh Quilting” videos. You can also submit designs to the MQG for the
block of the month