- Minutes approved
- April Sew day at PUD building in Ephrata was a success. Great place for group sewing
- Travel Bee tops shared and exchanged. Looking good!
- Reminder for the 1st Tuesday of the month Handwork group at Charisma’s
- Garden Sew day reminders for June 16
- QuiltCon Charity quilt discussed. We voted on cross, butterfly, house and circles. Crosses easily won and will be pieced together with plenty of negative space. Jenn T will purchase fabrics to pass out at next meeting. Blocks to be 6″. Carol G, Jenn T and Jenn are the committee for this project.
- Quilt registrations due June 8 to get your quilt into the Basin Piecemakers quilt show June 22 -23.
- Jenn asked for quilts for the Art Gallery in Othello for month of July
- Sew n Tell
April 2018 MLMQG Minutes
- Treasurer: the guild voted Lindsey Kiesz for this position and to be a signer on the bank account
- Charity quilt raffle: Regan won the charity quilt from QuiltCon 2018!
- 2019 QuiltCon charity quilt:
○ We need 2 people to be on the chair to coordinate this project
○ Small piecing is the theme
○ There was an April 15 e-mail from the MQG with specifics
- Program: group design on Illustrator
○ Latifa Safir did this before with the “Bruce Daniel Quilt” as an example
○ 5 ways (easy steps) to design a quilt
■ 1. Ask
■ 2. Imagine
■ 3. Plan
■ 4. Create
■ 5. Improve
- April 28: curved piecing sew day
○ Bring power strips and sewing machine and supplies
○ 10 am – 4pm
- Handwork group on the first Tuesday of the month at Charisma’s house in Ephrata
March 2018 MLMQG Minutes
● Minutes approval
● Garden Sew day June 16 10-2, picnic
○ $10 entrance fee
○ Lunch and handwork project
○ Bring a chair
● Charity quilt guild raffle
○ About $75 ÷ # people participating
● Sew days at 10 am
○ @ Grant County Public Works 124 Enterprise St SE, Ephrata, WA 98823
○ April 28 (our guild only)
○ Sept 22 with INMOD guild
● Travel Bee
● Program: QuiltCon West 2018
○ Saw pictures of many quilts, especially charity quilts displayed in the entry way
○ Classes at the convention sell out fast
○ There are also lectures to attend and vendors where you can work on techniques
and see displays
● Handwork group led by Charisma
○ Wool Penny project
○ Can watch YouTube videos to learn hand stitches
○ First Tuesday of the month at 7pm starting April 3 at Charisma’s in Ephrata
MLMQG Feb. 2018
- Minutes approved from Nov. 2017
- Beginning of year tasks completed: Mission statement read and MQG membership cards handed out
- Discussion of Pros/Cons of continuing to belong to the MQG for 2019
- Decided upon September 22 as the date to host the INMOD guild sew day in Ephrata at the Public Works (thanks Jenn Tincher for working out the reservation!)
- Shared travel bee
- MLMQG sew day on April 28 in Ephrata or at the church
- Bring basic sewing supplies and fat quarters fabric (background and main patterns) for individual projects
- We will work on a curved pattern and curved piecing
- Program: discussed what you do with your scraps
- ○ Some people sort them by Medium, Dark, light colors
- ○ Scrap bag swap: 1 quilted project will be due in August for the person whose scraps you have
- Sew and tell
Moses Lake MQG
November 2018 minutes
- Most of the dues have been paid. Thank you!
- 2018 officers – Angie offered to continue as secretary
- We discussed swaps people have done and saw a few swap quilts
- No Dec meeting
- Jan 18 New Year’s Party
- 6 pm
- Holiday mini quilt exchange quilt
MLMQG October 2017 Minutes
- Wheelchair charity quilts: At this meeting you did a great job of donating 8 wheelchair quilts for McKay’s in Soap Lake. Jenn and Angie will deliver them Friday.
- INMOD Quilt retreat: INMOD quilt guild will join us in the spring (specifics TBD) for an event. Perhaps we can meet in Ephrata in order to go to the Fabric Patch.
- Officers Next Year: It was decided that rather than Virginia remaining president, we will rotate the guild president each month. Virginia will remain the point of contact for business, but each rotating president will lead that month’s meeting. The secretary and treasurer will be exempt from taking a turn as president.
- NEXT MEETING IS NOV 9! Your $20 dues will be collected at this meeting since we will not meet again before the January registration deadline.
- Program: Charisma spoke to us about planning quilting. One area of focus was implementing key elements into the design. These include: 1.) Dimension 2.) Movement 3.) Secondary designs 4.) Textures 5.) Life 6.) A story
MLMQG September 2017
- Travel Bee
- Quiltcon 2018 Charity quilt scraps: Congratulations to Lindsey who won the drawing to take the leftover fabric!
- Program: a color lesson
○ Using your square cut outs: 1. randomly place the 6” squares in a 9 patch 2. Randomly put the 4” squares on top of them 3. Do the same to randomly place the 2” squares on the 4”, only changing the placement if the colors are the same.
○ The challenge is to choose a color combo you don’t like and identify what you don’t like about it. How can you make the color combo appealing by adding a neutral or neutrals to it? Explore using color combos you normally wouldn’t use or like.
- Sew and tell
- Instagram: check out some of our members through their user names, and, we would love to add more! Also, follow our guild and others for more online inspiration. #moseslakemqg
- October announcements:
○ Bring a quilt top that you can plan to quilt during Charisma’s program on quilt planning.
○ Don’t forget that the charity wheelchair quilts are due finished at this meeting! Jenn will deliver them to the nursing home in Soap Lake at 10 am on Oct 20 if you want to join her.
- Misc. Announcements:
○ We have decided on a program topic for November: Lindsey will lead a discussion on swaps
○ MLMQG is growing! This month we had 4 new people.
○ For the January gift exchange, we will make a mini quilt for the holiday of our choice.