MLMQG September 2017
- Travel Bee
- Quiltcon 2018 Charity quilt scraps: Congratulations to Lindsey who won the drawing to take the leftover fabric!
- Program: a color lesson
○ Using your square cut outs: 1. randomly place the 6” squares in a 9 patch 2. Randomly put the 4” squares on top of them 3. Do the same to randomly place the 2” squares on the 4”, only changing the placement if the colors are the same.
○ The challenge is to choose a color combo you don’t like and identify what you don’t like about it. How can you make the color combo appealing by adding a neutral or neutrals to it? Explore using color combos you normally wouldn’t use or like.
- Sew and tell
- Instagram: check out some of our members through their user names, and, we would love to add more! Also, follow our guild and others for more online inspiration. #moseslakemqg
- October announcements:
○ Bring a quilt top that you can plan to quilt during Charisma’s program on quilt planning.
○ Don’t forget that the charity wheelchair quilts are due finished at this meeting! Jenn will deliver them to the nursing home in Soap Lake at 10 am on Oct 20 if you want to join her.
- Misc. Announcements:
○ We have decided on a program topic for November: Lindsey will lead a discussion on swaps
○ MLMQG is growing! This month we had 4 new people.
○ For the January gift exchange, we will make a mini quilt for the holiday of our choice.