For the September 2018 SewIn. Who’s bringing what?
1 ironing board and iron
Baked broccoli cheese balls & Peanut butter fudge bars
Cabbage salad and cookies
Fruit and veggie trays
We Discussed Minutes from July.
We did not have any guests in attendance. Carol G. Charisma, Kathy, Katrina, Virginia, Jenn T, Jenn S., Polly, Angie, Reagan.
Jenn T took over for Angie as Secretary.
We also discussed how many traveling bees were left to finish up, I think Carol G is the only one still needing a few rounds added to.
The group shared the Scrap bag exchange projects that each member had received. We also discussed if we would be doing another scrap bag exchange next year.
InMod Guild invited our Guild to attend their September 22nd meeting.
We discussed a fun sew day, at the Public works building in Ephrata September 15.
We will be having a potluck so everyone bring a dish or two.
Check on availability of October dates for the Public Works meeting Room for QuiltCon Charity sew day.
Jenn T. showed us how to assemble Wonky Stars that have been showing up on Instagram, check out the #wonkystars hashtag to see more inspiration.
Michael Miller Challenge fabrics, were passed out to Charisma, Jenn and Katrina.
Discussed Curated Quilts Challenge, Virginia entered a beautiful Curated mini quilt and it was used as advertising this journals call for entries on Instagram .
Show and Tell
MLMQG June 2018 minutes
● Travel bee projects are looking great!
● The Sew Day scheduled for September has been changed to Sept. 15 and may or may
not include INMOD members.
● Jenn Stevenson is holding a quilt exhibition in Othello in July. Contact her for
● 2019 Charity Quiltcon blocks: Jenn, Jenn and Carol are leading this project.
○ They distributed fabric and directions for the small piecing design.
○ Contact them or see the MQG website for questions and inspiration.
○ Please return unused fabric from your 2 blocks to be used in the quilt back.
○ Quilt blocks are due in Sept or Oct, TBD
● Great work on all our guild members are sewing…sew and tell projects are nice!
● Scrap bag project: reminder that these will be due at the August meeting if you haven’t
finished them yet. It would be nice if those of you who already received a scrap project
could bring it back to show in August when they are due.
April 2018 MLMQG Minutes
- Treasurer: the guild voted Lindsey Kiesz for this position and to be a signer on the bank account
- Charity quilt raffle: Regan won the charity quilt from QuiltCon 2018!
- 2019 QuiltCon charity quilt:
○ We need 2 people to be on the chair to coordinate this project
○ Small piecing is the theme
○ There was an April 15 e-mail from the MQG with specifics
- Program: group design on Illustrator
○ Latifa Safir did this before with the “Bruce Daniel Quilt” as an example
○ 5 ways (easy steps) to design a quilt
■ 1. Ask
■ 2. Imagine
■ 3. Plan
■ 4. Create
■ 5. Improve
- April 28: curved piecing sew day
○ Bring power strips and sewing machine and supplies
○ 10 am – 4pm
- Handwork group on the first Tuesday of the month at Charisma’s house in Ephrata