- Retreat: we will find out if MLMQG can join the next Basin Piecemakers retreat in October from a Tuesday to Sunday any or all days
- May sew in will be on the 20th at Virginia’s house or the church.
- Bring your own lunch
- Tables provided
- Two ironing surfaces to share
- Bring a personal project and/or a charity one to work on
- Charity lap quilt project: Jenn is coordinating a lap quilt project for McKay’s nursing home on Soaplake.
- Complete the lap quilts independently
- Contact Jenn for instructions
- Finished size 27” x 34”
- Maybe put flannel on 1 side?
- Need 20 completed for October 2017
- Program: Jenn presented “5 Steps to Sewing Perfect Circles” from Nightquilter.com and a fabric box using 2 pieces of 12” squares
- Sew n’ Tell highlights:
- Great job on everything you are sewing, ladies!
- If you have questions about sewing wound clothesline baskets, ask Gretchen as she has done over 80! Also, she has some of her baskets now for sale in a shop.
- Through June Charisma will be offering edge to edge design quilting for the first 50 quilts at only a penny a square foot! Contact her to (FINALLY) turn all those UFOS into finished art !
- Online hints: Lyndsey says that Sashiko thread is a nice quilting thread sold at the website French General as well as on www.purlsoho.com Check out these websites for some interesting patterns and materials!