- Retreat: we will find out if MLMQG can join the next Basin Piecemakers retreat in October from a Tuesday to Sunday any or all days
- May sew in will be on the 20th at Virginia’s house or the church.
- Bring your own lunch
- Tables provided
- Two ironing surfaces to share
- Bring a personal project and/or a charity one to work on
- Charity lap quilt project: Jenn is coordinating a lap quilt project for McKay’s nursing home on Soaplake.
- Complete the lap quilts independently
- Contact Jenn for instructions
- Finished size 27” x 34”
- Maybe put flannel on 1 side?
- Need 20 completed for October 2017
- Program: Jenn presented “5 Steps to Sewing Perfect Circles” from Nightquilter.com and a fabric box using 2 pieces of 12” squares
- Sew n’ Tell highlights:
- Great job on everything you are sewing, ladies!
- If you have questions about sewing wound clothesline baskets, ask Gretchen as she has done over 80! Also, she has some of her baskets now for sale in a shop.
- Through June Charisma will be offering edge to edge design quilting for the first 50 quilts at only a penny a square foot! Contact her to (FINALLY) turn all those UFOS into finished art !
- Online hints: Lyndsey says that Sashiko thread is a nice quilting thread sold at the website French General as well as on www.purlsoho.com Check out these websites for some interesting patterns and materials!
November 2016 Minutes
- Dues were paid
- Charity quilt – Angie says Big Bend is a good possibility
- Retreat – Haven’t heard back yet
- Program – we looked at the disappearing nine patch with a modern twist
- Sew n Tell
In attendance: Carol (new), Linda (new), Angie, Gretchen, Kay, Carole, Kathy, friend, Virginia
- Creative Speed Challenge – we saw Charisma’s and Virginia’s and it was explained what we did. (Polly and Sally – please bring yours next time)
- Wenatchee exchange charity quilt – several places were suggested Project Linus, New Hope, Soroptomist and PEO. Angie will look into it and bring info back to November meeting for final decision. Polly won the second quilt (half log cabin)! Yea Polly!
- 2017 program sign-up – a few more people signed up. We have 6 months with no one signed up.
- Retreat – looking at Camp Lutherhaven, in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho in March, May or October 2017. Still waiting for confirmation which dates are open. She is checking against other calendar. 2 nights/5 meals $150 or 2 nights/4 meals $137 Friday am to Sunday afternoon. Looks like we have at least 6 people interested. Will let you know when I have actual dates.
- Basin Piecemakers prep: October 25, 7 pm. The list was sent out of Modern quilting terms that we will explain with our quilts.
- Program: Carole explained a technique she learned from Joe Cunningham. Fantasy 4-patch. Very interesting simple process that makes for a complicated quilt. She shared 2 completed quilts and one in progress. I know those that weren’t there would have enjoyed this one!
- November meeting on 2nd Thursday the 10th
- Dues $20 due at Nov. meeting
- NO meeting in December
- January party – exchange gift a container made from fabric, bag, basket, etc. 6 pm at Virginia’s home. Third Thursday, 19th.
- New Travel Bee beginning in January – contact Charisma for information
In attendance: Charisma, Virginia, Carole, Polly, Sally, Kathy, Angie, Katrina
Most of the meeting was spent going over the Modern quilt continuum and a practice run of our presentation for Wenatchee guild.
-sew and tell
– discussed Speed challenge and booked a date with people who wanted to join
-discussed dues & due date for 2017
-no meeting in December
– holiday party in January
Moses Lake Modern Quilt Guild Minutes
Attendance: Gretchen, Virginia, Sally, Charisma, Kathy K, Polly, Carole, Angie
-we showed the Wenatchee guild exchange quilts Completed and ready.
Discussed a charity that we could donate to or use as a fundraiser.
-Showed Travel Bees and discussed new Round Robin which will start in Jan.
– we talked about signing up for program ideas in 2017 and any ideas
-Sally shared Postcards
– Polly shared different interfacings with us
– sew and tell
-discussed Wenacthee presentation
-discussed challenge projects
-Christmas party exchange is a container or bag made from fabric.