In attendance: Charisma, Virginia, Carole, Polly, Sally, Kathy, Angie, Katrina
Most of the meeting was spent going over the Modern quilt continuum and a practice run of our presentation for Wenatchee guild.
-sew and tell
– discussed Speed challenge and booked a date with people who wanted to join
-discussed dues & due date for 2017
-no meeting in December
– holiday party in January
Moses Lake Modern Quilt Guild Minutes
Attendance: Gretchen, Virginia, Sally, Charisma, Kathy K, Polly, Carole, Angie
-we showed the Wenatchee guild exchange quilts Completed and ready.
Discussed a charity that we could donate to or use as a fundraiser.
-Showed Travel Bees and discussed new Round Robin which will start in Jan.
– we talked about signing up for program ideas in 2017 and any ideas
-Sally shared Postcards
– Polly shared different interfacings with us
– sew and tell
-discussed Wenacthee presentation
-discussed challenge projects
-Christmas party exchange is a container or bag made from fabric.
Just a few of the quilts at our August 2016 meeting, once I remembered to take out the camera.
Kathy’s Round Robin
Charisma’s PRAY quilt
Two of Gretchen’s WIP’s
Polly’s new pattern
Virginia’s take on Kim’s last month program
July 2016 minutes for MLMQG
In attendance: Virginia, Charisma, Kathy, Kay, Kim, Katrina, Barb, Angie, Polly
- Approved minutes from last month
- Discusses swap block quilts & looked at quilt tops & backs.
- Travel bees (Reminder: new Round Robin starts in Jan.)
- Kim gave presentation on Magic Triangle tutorial
- Next month is Sally postcards and Polly talking about interfacings
- Discussed which charity we would like to donate our quilt
- Sew & tell
Moses Lake Modern Quilt guild
Attendance: Virginia, Sabrina, Sally, Polly, Katrina, Charisma
-Discussed minutes from May meeting
– discussed sew- in for exchange blocks and details of who was bringing what ect.
– travel bees
– Charisma gave talk about batting and different combinations
– we each talked about thread and brought our favorites
– new Round Robin starts in Jan.
-Sept 28th is Wenatchee Quilt show.
Just got the blocks up there so we could begin the design process. Went with a sideways triangle.
We began to move the blocks around but nothing was forming.
This triangle reminded some of a birthday cake.
Let’s try blocks all around the edge. What to put in the center? If we put white some of block parts will disappear…
Rotate so the grey faces in..
Sew together with white in the middle! Can’t wait to see it quilted.
Now, onto our set of blocks. Forgot to get a shot of the first try but here’s a half log cabin. Can you see it? Gretchen’s block was so different it was decided not to fight it but to use it as the starting point.
How about now? Sally will add one more strip in black on the top and right side. A bit Gees Bendish a few of us thought.
What a great first sew in. Learned a thing or too and was very pleased at how well we worked together. Wasn’t sure how designing as a group would go but I have to say I’d love to do it again!